Cancer Support Community Arizona has partnered with Crooked Sky Farms, to develop a Community Supported Agriculture Program aimed at providing our communities with better access to fresh organic fruits and vegetables. A Community Support Agriculture (CSA) Project is a partnership with a local farmer. It gives the local farmer a place to sell their produce, while making fresh locally-grown fruits and vegetables more accessible to community members like you! For each share sold at our weekly produce pick-up Crooked Sky Farms will be donating an additional share to a participant in our community.
Free Fruits and Vegetables
As part of this new partnership, Crooked Sky Farms will be donating FREE organic produce to current and new Cancer Support Community Arizona program participants. For every share purchased from the paid CSA program, Crooked Sky Farms will be donating a FREE fruits and vegetables back to cancer survivors.
Seasonal Cooking Classes
Picked up your fresh produce from Crooked Sky Farms and not sure how to use it? This cooking demonstration will teach you how to utilize those fresh fruits and veggies from the garden. Recipes and tasting included!
Ask A Farmer
Once a month, a Crooked Sky Farmer will be attending a CSA pick up at Cancer Support Community Arizona. The Farmer will be available to answer any questions you might have about the farm or produce found in your CSA share.
Register today and join us on April 5th for our first share pick-up!
Produce Pick-UpFree Participant Produce Share
- Every Thursday
- 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- We’ve become a pick-up site to provide community member with better access to fresh, organic, locally grown fruits and vegetables from Crooked Sky Farms. Current participants are welcome to sign up to receive free produce as part of a give-back program through Crooked Sky Farms. Additional options are available for purchase, if you would like to purchase a share and support this cause!
Cooking ClassesHow to prepare your CSA Produce
- Thursdays, April 19, May 17, June 21
- 6:00 – 7:00 pm
- Picked up your fresh produce from Crooked Sky Farms, but not sure how to use it? This cooking demonstration will teach you how to utilize those fresh fruits and veggies from the garden. Recipes and tasting included!
Ask A FarmerQ & A - Produce and Farm
- Thursdays April 26, May 24, June 28
- 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Once per month, during our CSA Produce Pick Up, one of the Crooked Sky Farms staff will be available to answer any questions you might have regarding the produce available.
Choosing a Quality Partner for the project
We partnered with Crooked Sky Farms for their reputation and quality of produce. Everything they grow is certified naturally grown, organic and non-GMO, ensuring the health benefits of their produce. And with produce locally sourced from farms across southwest region, they are able to offer a wider variety of fruits and vegetables.
Some of the great things you can expect from Crooked Sky Farms throughout the year are:
- Heirloom Tomatoes
- I’itois Onions
- New Mexico Green Chile
- Lemon Cucumbers
- Pumpkins – For carving, baking or decorating
- And the list goes on!
Produce selection varies season to season. Winter crops supply a variety of cooking and salad greens, root vegetables, broccoli, cauliflower, and citrus. As the year progresses, peas, tomatoes, corn, onion, cucumber, squash, melons, and many more fresh vegetables and fruits become available.