“The mission of Cancer Support Community – Arizona is to ensure that all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action and sustained by community.” – Debbie DiCarlo, Executive Director.
Programs that Enrich and Save Lives
Every day, we fulfill this duty by offering support programs, services and groups dedicated and committed to people diagnosed with cancer, their families and friends. The program consists of services in multiple areas including support services, healthy lifestyle activities, educational seminars, social connections as well as resources and referrals. CSCAZ provides these services free of charge for every cancer, at every stage and for anyone who has been impacted by the diagnosis.
A recent or on-going diagnosis of cancer frequently strains relationships, and pushes the patient into a challenging, depressed and isolate emotional state that can recur for years after the results have been given. Emotional and psychological barriers often results in a decline in the health-related quality of life, it narrows life opportunities, it makes coping and cooperating more difficult, and it predicts the progression of the disease and mortality. CSCA steps in from the initial diagnosis and remains a support systems for all involved as long as necessary.
Our accomplishments include:
- serving 196,000 individuals since opening our doors
- increasing feelings of hope and sense of community among our members
- offering options to a better quality of life for participants.
We’re so proud to have been there for so many wonderful families, and that we could be a part of finding peace during this life-changing event.
Give Hope and Get $800 this tax season.
The State of Arizona offers an awesome opportunity for YOU to get involved and receive a dollar-for-dollar tax credit for your donation up to $400 ($800 per married couple). The Qualifying Charitable tax credit offers a select number of nonprofits with a proven track record of serving Arizona families, strong fiscal responsibilities and commitment to quality each year with this easy to submit tax credit donation. These donations enable Cancer Support Community Arizona to open many doors to hope, courage, and community for those impacted by cancer and we are honored to be a proud of member of this opportunity.
This is how it works:
- Make a contribution to Cancer Support Community Arizona. This can be done by clicking here.
- Mail/drop off cash or check to:
Cancer Support Community Arizona
360 East Palm Lane
Phoenix, AZ 85004
- Get a receipt. If you donate online, you will receive a receipt automatically. If you donated by mail or in person, we will mail you a receipt once your gift has been received and processed.
- During Tax Season, complete the very simple Form 321 and deduct the amount of your gift. (Up to $400 per individual or $800 per couple filing jointly) from what you owe in state taxes for the year. Remember to include your charitable donation on your federal tax return as well! For more details click here for the more guidelines.
What is also amazing about this tax credit is that you can use it on your federal taxes as well.
If you would like more information about the valuable resources, services and community support we offer at Cancer Support Community visit the website and get involved today!